Main bodies of the ACS are: the General Assembly, Board, President, and Secretary General.
The General Assembly is comprised of:
- all regular ACS members
- all honourable and joined members, invited from the Board or President, have only an advisory role, and no power in the decision-making process
The General Assembly has the exclusive power to: adopt the Statute, adopt Statute alterations and amendments, choose and dismiss the President, choose and dismiss Board members on the President’s suggestions, decide on the membership fee, decide on membership in international or other organizations, adopt financial plans, decide when/ if the ACSM should cease to exist, inspect financial management of the ACS, adopt working plans, envisage and adopt annual reports on the ACS functioning, and work on the other activities fortified by the ACS Statute.
The Board consists of up to 13 members. Permanent Board members are: the President of the ACS, and the President of the Youth Organization of the ACS. The Board is chosen for a period of three years, however, Board membership can be modified during any session of the General Assembly.
Responsibilities of the Board:
- To conduct General Assembly decisions
- Take care of the financial situation of the ACS, and provide assistance to the President and Secretary General
- Decide on forming ACS branches on the territory of the Serbia with no legal person competences
- Decide on accepting new members when the ACS membership ceases to exist. Automatic suspension of ACS membership, according to the ACS Statute provisions, is included in the scope of its activities
- Decide on reducing/ increasing the membership fee
- Decide on choosing the honourable members on the suggestion of the ACS President
- Appoint and dismiss the ACS Secretary General
- Verify the ACS President’s reports and regulate employment matters along with the President and Secretary General
- Decide on the participation in research projects organized by various institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations and foundations, which are relevant to achieving ACS goals
- The Board is generally responsible for other issues related to the ACS Statute, functioning of the ACS, and its main bodies.
The Atlantic Council of Serbia has a President.The President is chosen and may be dismissed by the General Assembly.The President is chosen for time period of five years.The President stands for and represents the Atlantic Council of Serbia to third persons. He is empowered by the General Assembly to dispose with the total amount of the ACS funds. The ACS President suggests working plans, takes care of the realization and coordination of the ACS members in order to improve their capabilities of achieving the ACS goals. The President who convokes the Board meeting and accomplishes other tasks entrusted by the General Assembly, chairs the Board. The President is responsible for his/her work to the General Assembly of the ACS with respect to legality of the ACS functioning and disposition of funds.
The Atlantic Council of Serbia has Executive Director. The Executive Director is appointed and dismissed by the Board after a five-year time period. The Executive Director appoints and dismisses the ACS staff and accomplishes other tasks from the competence of the ACS President, according to the special written authorization given by the ACS President. The Executive Director operatively manages the ACS activities and is accountable for his responsibilities to the Board and the ACS President.